Jenny Wang, a psychologist quoted in this New York Times story, recommends these starter questions for meetings and virtual hang-outs:
- What is something you’ve been putting off doing that you now suddenly have time for?
- What shows/movies have been helping you cope?
- What’s one small thing you’re doing to bring a little joy or comfort into your day?
- How do you stay focused when working from home?
- What’s the most hilarious thing you’ve seen that distracted you from work?
- If you had a mantra right now, what would it be?
- Who do you see most now?
- What do you love about being stuck with that person/people?
If people are feeling anxious, try fall-backs like:
- What are you going to do today?
- Who else are you video chatting with?
- What exercises will you do?
- What are you reading?