The Joy of Teamwork is a practical playbook for healthy, high-performing teams
Stealing from the best agile teamwork techniques, the latest research on collaborative intelligence, and break-through progressive leadership practices, The Joy of Teamwork delivers 30 no-brainer recipes anyone can use to make their team happier, healthier and more effective — all without having to take ayahuasca together or talk about your Labradoodles.
Like the missing owner’s manual for anyone who leads or works in teams.Phillip H. Smith
Recipes for Courageous Collaboration
Flip to any page and you’ll find a practical technique you can try out with your team tomorrow. From how to replace deadly “status update” meetings with powerful team retrospectives, to setting smarter goals together using both sides of your brain, to designing a collaborative “heartbeat” that helps you overcome toxic busyness and burnout, the emphasis is on practical step-by-step HOW-TOs that are easy to learn and experiment with.
In today’s frenetic, hyper-connected world, creative collaboration is the new master skill. Packed with real-world examples, cheat sheets and step-by-step recipes, The Joy of Teamwork is written for creative leaders, harried project managers, and anyone who works with human beings for a living.
How to be an awesome teammate, manager or collaborator
Designed as a five-part cookbook, instead of a typical business book, it strains out the usual blah blah to cut straight to the specific methods and mindsets that work — making it easy to pick and choose the specific practices that will work best for your team.
A giant leap forward in the search for intelligent life at work.–Theo Talk
Amidst an epidemic of burnout, brain-fry and deadly organizations, the Joy of Teamwork is on a mission to help your team hack the hamster wheel, unlock more human energy and meaning in your work, and get great shit done. One day, week and season at a time.
Learn how to:
- Run powerful team retrospectives that can change your life.
- Set clearer goals together using both sides of your brain.
- Get 1% happier and more effective each week.
- Uncover hidden passions and energy buried in your team.
- Avoid human pile-ups and bottlenecks.
- Work in rhythm to reduce burnout and brain-fry.
- Close any meeting on an emotional high.
- Jedi mind tricks for making colleagues feel safer and more creative.
- Listen to actual end users instead of “HPPOS with hunches” (Highly Paid People with Opinions)
- Overcome team toxins like groupthink, hamster wheeling and the “Stupidity Paradox.”